To provide you with our full range of Dealership products and services we need to collect and process certain information about you.The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect information that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person (personal information).
We respect your privacy and take the protection of personal information very seriously. We understand that your trust is our most important asset.
(Bloomsbury) is owned and operated by (Bloomsbury Investment Cars cc.), 2009/050379/23
Unit B1, Northgate Park, 20 Section Street, Paarden Eiland.
This policy applies to you if you are:
• a visitor to our website, mobile site, applications (“apps”) or
• a customer who has ordered a product or requested a service that we provide or
• anyone contacting us by phone, SrS, email, in letters and other correspondence, and in person.
- Personal information
Personal information includes:
• certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
• certain information collected on submission; and
• optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below); but excludes:
• information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
• permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
• non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
• information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
3.1 Common examples
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include:
• identifying information – such as your first name and last name;
• contact information – such as your phone number and email address;
4.1 Acceptance required
You acknowledge and accept all the terms of this policy when accessing the website to order a product or request our services.
If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not access the website and order a product or request our services.
4.2 Legal capacity
You may not access our website or order a product or request our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
4.3 Deemed acceptance
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
4.4 Your obligations
You may only send us your own personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this policy at any time. All changes to this policy will be posted on the website. Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this policy.
If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our products or services. If you continue to use the website or our products or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
6.1 Purposes for collection
• products or services purposes – such as collecting orders or requests for and providing our products or services;
• marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
• business purposes – such as business intelligence and analytics, product improvement, internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
• legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
6.2 On product order or service request
When you order a product or request a service from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional personal information on a voluntary basis (product or services information).
- Vehicle enquiry service (Contact Dealer or Seller)
We also provide a service allowing potential buyers to contact the seller about a certain listing. You will need to provide certain personal information such as;
• your first name and surname;
• your email address;
• your telephone number;
- Vehicle finance service
Potential buyers can submit a finance application through our website when clicking on the finance tab. You will need to provide certain personal information such as;
• Finance application form;
• Drivers Licence;
• 3 months Payslips;
• 3 months Bank Statements;
• Proof of Residence;
This will enable the dealership or third party to make contact with you in order to provide you with further information related to the vehicle you inquired about.
In certain circumstances, dealers and relevant third parties may subsequently transfer, process and store your personal information for their business and administration purposes in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you have queries or require more information on how dealers or third parties use your personal information, please read their privacy policies or contact them directly.
6.3 Communicating with us
When you communicate with us telephonically, you may be requested to provide personal information to us such as your name, email address and contact details. We will use this in order to help resolve your query or complaint.
6.4 Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. We may wish to provide you with information about new products or services in which we think you may be interested. This means that in some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. We may send you one message to ask you for your opt-in to receive promotional messages. We will not send you promotional messages unless you have chosen to opt-into them.
6.5 From browser
6.7 Optional details
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order additional products or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
6.8 Recording calls
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us, unless you specifically request us not to.
6.9 Consent to collection
We will request your explicit consent to use your personal information to send you certain information including:
Where you have given consent to process your personal information you may withdraw consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email alert or newsletter.
We may share your personal information with:
• other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their products or services);
• our products or services providers under contract who help provide certain products or services or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, payment services, credit checks, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these product or services providers only use your information in connection with the products or services they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies, automotive advertising companies and/or other agencies. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purpose
7.3 Law enforcement
For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information obtained or collected by us with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation.
We may disclose personal information if required:
• by a subpoena or court order;
• to comply with any law;
• to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
• to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
7.4 Marketing purposes
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
7.6 Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
All the information we receive about you is stored on secure servers and we have implemented technical and organisational measures that are suitable and necessary to protect your personal data. We continually evaluates the security of our network and adequacy of our internal information security program which is designed to (a) help secure your data against accidental or unlawful loss, access or disclosure, (b) identify reasonably foreseeable risks to the security of our network, and (c) minimize security risks, including through risk assessment and regular testing.
Please note, despite the measures we have implemented to protect your data, the transfer of data through the Internet or other open networks is never completely secure and there is a risk that your personal data may be accessed by unauthorised third parties..
- Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before making any corrections to your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
• retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
• you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
- Transfer to another country
We will not transfer any personal information across a country border without your prior written consent.
You may choose to remove the personal information you have submitted to us, by contacting us. We will request proof of identity before removing your information.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.
This policy was last updated in June 2023.